With my Maximum Home Value Audit
Maximum Home Value Audit
I offer a Maximum Home Value Audit for those considering selling in the next 2-4 months. My audit is much more than a simple home valuation (learn why Zillow misses the mark on home value estimates) you’ll get from another agent. It’s a complete top-to-bottom analysis not just of the value, but every aspect of your home to identify items that may affect your sales price.
Selling your home is probably one of the biggest transactions you’ll make in your life and one that will certainly affect your financial future.
When I partner with Sellers, and we do a Maximum Home Value Audit (MHVA), we go through every aspect of your homes worth in the current market.
Here are the steps we focus on:
We understand What The TOTAL Market Is Doing by getting The FULL FACTS.
We don’t just rely on local market information to determine the right price for your home. We do a total market overview.
What’s happening in general and how does that compare with what’s happening in this market (are growth rates the same, lower or higher)?
Now you need the specifics about your neighborhood.
What homes are on the market and what homes have (or haven’t) sold in the last 2-6 months?
I will help you know exactly what your home is worth by giving you real-world FACTS, not opinions.
Set The RIGHT Price For Your Home From The Start.
Chances are the first price you have in mind is high, but you think you can always come down. If you start high, you may literally keep buyers
and other real estate agents away because they don’t want to waste their time. If you lower your price in increments, it’ll be too late. They already see it as an overpriced home.
I will help you set the right price by doing the homework. We will research your area, gather specifics on recently sold homes, discuss trends, and answer questions you have about the value of your home with market facts, not opinions.
Calculate The NET Profit From The Sale Of Your Home.
Consider these 5 factors:
- Take the gross listing price of your home.
- Subtract the amount buyers will discount to arrive at the sales price.
- Subtract the estimated real estate commission.
- Subtract contingency costs and repairs/personal property stipulated in a contract.
- Subtract closing costs: appraisals,escrow and title fees,etc. The net proceeds can be as much as 10 percent or more off your listing price, and this doesn’t change even when you attempt to sell your home without a REALTOR. That’s because buyers will start by knocking off the real estate commission you would normally pay anyway and keep discounting from there.
Advertise and Market Your Home
For Maximum Exposure.
Here are 4 secrets that will give you insight into what buyers want:
- Purchase decisions are emotional, not logical. Your house is NOT going to be evaluated as a house. It will be evaluated for its potential to become a HOME.
- Buyers are looking for a bargain. This is subjective, but buyers respond to phrases like priced to sell or unique bargain at this price.
- Buyers are attracted to affordability. They will choose a home they think they can afford, based on the down payment and monthly payments. The best way to motivate a sale is to create urgency.
- We will also provide you EXPOSURE to more buyers and other REALTORS who are already working with out-of-town buyers that can be hard to reach.
Prepare Your Home For “Show And Sell” For Top Dollar.
- You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression! Homes are in the best position to sell when they are new on the market so you want your home to be in model home shape before your first showing.
- Look at your home from a prospective buyer’s point of view. Is your home dark, cluttered, or needing repairs? Clear out the clutter inside your home, work on the outside, including the garage and yard, and don’t put off fixing anything that’s not working or looks broken.
- You don’t need to paint your entire house, but knowing how to fix-up and stage your home properly can help you sell your home for more money. I’m sure we can find several easy and inexpensive things you can to make your home more attractive to buyers.
Negotiate The Best Deal And Close The Sale.
- When offers come in, I will get pertinent information about the buyer. I will find out what their motivation and timing is? Have they already sold their home and need a quick closing?
- Together we will avoid emotional attachment to the transaction. Your own feelings could cloud your judgment. That’s why it’s good to have cool and collective Tom to ensure you make the best deal possible.
- I will also help you understand the contract and your responsibilities and walk you through escrow and closing your sale.
Why change Things and Small improvement Can Gain you Thousands
How much can you really get for your home? There are many strategies to maximize its value. Staging can dramatically raise the value and certain areas are more important than others.
Learn how to neutralize your home to make it more open to viewers, stage each room and know what to take out or bring in. We will do this together!
How Do I Get Started Tom?
I’m glad you asked. I will need to schedule a time to visit with you and your home. During that period, we will look at the different areas that can be improved. I can give you recommendations and suggestions and you can let me know which ones you wish to do.
If you decide to partner with me, we will come up with a market plan, market price, and market date. You will need to sign a listing agreement for 6 months and then we can proceed.